Sunday, August 12, 2007

Confessions about Harry Potter

I didn't get the whole Harry Potter reading by adults thing until this Spring. I really enjoyed the Goblet of Fire movie and decided that I was going to read the books. The kids had a dog-eared paperback of the first one, and I read it in a couple of hours. Justin's friend had the whole set (this was pre-Deathly Hallows) and I borrowed them. Spent the next few days rapturously reading my fill. Luckily my timing was good. I only had to wait a couple of months (or so) for the final book to come out.

I was one of the nerds who went to a midnight showing of The Order of the Phoenix and I am not ashamed! And I ordered my Deathly Hallows on Amazon. Read it in around 12 hours. Unfortunately I was expecting UPS to deliver and waited and waited. When 7 pm rolled around and no book, I decided to go ahead and check the mailbox just in case, and sure enough, my book was there! Hours of reading wasted!!!!! But I was very pleased with the book and it ended like I thought it would. I cried when I thought Harry died. It was a very good book, though the vixen in me wished there had been more bow-chica-wow-wow between Harry and Ginny. But it is a children's series, after all. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home