Friday, December 23, 2005

Confession 10.0

I haven't bitten my nails in almost a month. Look Ma! I have girl hands!!!

Actually, this is quite an accomplishment - I haven't gone this long without biting my nails since the late 80's, and I remember well when I finally gave in and buzzed through my entire set of nails in like five minutes. It was heaven. LOL

But this time I am determined. No more man hands. I can actually scratch things. I look feminine and pretty and I LIKE it! It's not that I don't stick them in my mouth everyday and play at the edges with my teeth, because I do. But this time I think I will actually be sucessfull. I feel like a grownup! LOL

It's been a while since I have blogged. Been busy as hell. I will probably break this up into numerous confessions because it's been so long. But right now we will stick with the no nail biting, and what this means to the title of my blog. Now are they both lies? LOL Neither 40 or a nail biter - I think I'll have to be realistic here and give myself more than a few weeks before I call myself "bite free". After all, I have been doing it for as long as I remember. Three weeks does not a non biter make.

I feel bad because all my kids bite their nails. Even my three year old is caught now and then biting at her nails, though she doesn't know how to do it. I clip her nails. The other ones, tho -t0 the nubs. To my credit, I didn't bite to the nub. I kept the tiniest bit of white. And I was good at it, too - they were nice looking and not raggedy.

I had a friend ask me the other day why I bite my nails. Is it a nervous habit? You know, I don't know. I do know that I would bite them while watching movies. Like when I saw Flightplan last month - buzzed through every last one of them. But I would just bite them when they got too long for my taste - nothing necessarily going on - it was definately a habit, but I don't know if it came from nervousness.

I would play with the nails in my mouth if they were especially "long". I know there are a few of you out there probably gagging right now, but yeah - I would play with them, roll them around lovingly on my tongue... while I was biting them, I would go into almost like a trance, a very calm state where my mind would clear for just a little bit while I bit away at my nails. Weird. LOL

But no more! I have pretty girl hands now - I'm keeping them. I can actually go in for a manicure and not a set of fakes. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

I think for you it's an oral fixation. I've heard sexual conotations about people with your type of fixation ...

Congratulations!

3:35 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home