Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Confession 2.0

I believe in astrology. I don't read horoscopes, but I do believe that when you were born has the most to do with your core personality traits. Not even your level of nurturing as a child can wipe out your fundemental traits. If it could, then I would be more of a nut than I am now!

I used to be really into it. I had books. Who here remembers Love Signs? I would read it in all seriousness, and would ask guys what their sign was. "You're a Taurus? Too bad." LOL Ultimately I didn't listen to it, though, because I ended up marrying a crazy Cancer, and boy was that a winner! I tried to have my chart done, but since my birth time is not listed on my birth certificate, and my mother professed to not being able to remember the exact time her first born was brought into the world (doesn't that just warm your heart?), I gave up, because I didn't want a guess, I wanted an exact. I still have Sun Signs, and I read it now and again when it comes to "how to relate to your (fill in the blank) child". Which is what brought me to this confession. My Picses daughter. She might possibly drive me crazy.

How sad is it that me and my eight year old daughter are already arguing? This does not bode well for the future. I look at my mother in law, who has a best friend type relationship with her college aged daughter, still holding hands, for Christ's sake!, and I wonder, "Wow. How do you do that? And would I even want to?" LOL

My daughter is afraid to ride her bike because she might fall. She is obsessed with this Beanie Baby cat that I have had to replace three times or risk her dying of grief. She argues with almost everything I say now, whines whenever I ask her to do a chore and hates to be woken up in the morning.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain things about Heather that I admire. She's eight, but she has the most eclectic sense of style. She fearlessly wears funky, outrageous socks with anything, regardless of matching. It's like her thing. I love that about her! (That's the Pisces in her) She's got a wicked sense of humor, too. When she's not losing that same humor with her little sister. LOL She also has a wonderful sense of imagination. She can spend hours with her stuffed animals and a fort from the couch cushions in an imaginary world. (Also the Pisces)

I'm a Fire Sign, she's Water. I suppose that could explain it, but my oldest child is also a Water Sign (Cancer), but he's a boy. I have only started to feel the nuances of the mother/daughter relationship.

I wonder how it's going to be with my other daughter, who is an Aries, also Fire?

God help us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home